Definition Oregon Teaching Standards for Geography: Identify major physical features and describe how they are represented on maps, globes, and other tools.
Content: Locate and identify places, regions, and geographic features that have played prominent roles in historical or contemporary issues and events.
Fill in blanc map of Iran
Teaching Resource: “Islam” Chelsea House Publishers, 2004
“Iran” Chelsea House Publishers, 2003
“Iranian Cities” Syracuse University Press, 2000
all by Portland State University Professor Dr. Massoud Kheirabadi
- Full name: Islamic Republic of Iraq
- Population: 68.5 million (via UN, 2006)
- Capital: Tehran
- Area: 1.65 million sq km (636,313 sq miles)
- Major language: Persian
- Major religion: Islam
- Life expectancy: 69 years (men), 72 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 10 Iranian rials = 1 toman
- Main exports: Petroleum, carpets, agricultural products
- GNI per capita: US $2,770 (World Bank, 2006)
- Internet domain: .ir
- International dialling code: +98
More pages in the Geography secion:
Submitted by Admin on Wed, 02/06/2008 - 8:54pm.